Printfriendly

Monday, 8 July 2013

Review | Camille & Mae fine toiletries TOUJOURS Body Souffle Champaca


I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend, Brisbane was lovely and sunny which made me forget it was winter. Oh come again sun, please.

So I originally received this body souffle as part of a Camille & Mae fine toiletries 'forever, always' gift set containing the 130g body souffle, 130g body soak and a loofa. Though a cute gift it was set aside with the countless other lotions and body creams which I was yet to use. I only recently started using the body souffle as I thought it had no purpose sitting unused at the back of my collection and I should give it a try.

The composition is light and melts into your skin quickly and softly, leaving behind a feathery softness. I wouldn't use this as a lotion for my entire body as it is rather light and 130g in total would disappear at the blink of an eye. So I'm thinking of applying it to my hands and d├ęcolletage area as a nice complementary fragrance.

The fragrance is delicate yet absolutely amazing and I have never heard of champaca before and so I found the scent to be unique and sweet. The lightness of the fragrance is not overpowering yet outstanding enough that I would happily use this souffle without a perfume. Researching (aka, Google) champaca I learnt that the champaca is an evergreen tree with sweetly perfumed yellow flowers, native to areas of Asia. This may not be of any use but I enjoy learning things.

I always read the ingredients of a product out of curiosity however mostly to discover whether the brand conducts animal testing, which like a lot of people I am not fond of and so I was glad Camille & Mae do not. Now lets face it I don't understand the majority of ingredients listed and probably don't want to, but urea caught my eye. It is said urea in hand creams and body lotions acts as a natural moisturiser and can also help to get rid of dead skin cells. Interesting but I think I'll stick with exfoliating...

Anyhow it is a cute body souffle which I will continue to use. I happened to search Camille & Mae on the internet and almost no searches were relevant which I find odd. 

Have you ever heard of this brand? Also, I would love to get my hands on other champaca perfumed products, can you recommend any?
xox


FOLLOW ME VIA

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:04 pm

    I've been trying to find a Camille & Mae Toujours always forever body butter which was given as a gift set, but haven't had much luck. Did you ever find yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, no I haven't found anywhere instore/online which sells Camille & Mae products, it's a mystery! X

      Delete

I love talking to you all and reading your comments. Don't forget you can tweet me (@MaddiSkotinis) if you just want to drop by and say hello. Thankyou so much for visiting, I look forward to meeting my fellow beauty and fashion lovers!! xox

I reply to every comment with a reply comment on the particular post so don't forget to check back.


UP